If you're searching online for information about which electric bike you should buy, you may be frustrated with the amount of disorganized information available online. We've made it our mission to educate you about electric bikes and to make it easy to make an informed buying decision. So, as a result, we wrote this awesome article.
This article is all about the different types of electric bikes available. Below, you'll find information about different frame styles, different electric bike types, battery and frame combinations, and answers to common questions you may have about which electric bike is right for you.
First, check out this video to get an idea about one of the main differences in e-bikes, the motor type.
There are a wide variety of electric bike styles: city, mountain, beach cruiser, folding, fat tire, cargo, and more. Each different style will perform and handle in a different way. Each style is made for a specific type of person and their needs. Each has its pros and cons and each has a different price tag.
In this article, our goal is to educate you about each different style so that you can make an informed buying decision when you're ready to make your purchase.
Straight Frame vs. Step-through Frame
Many electric bikes come with the regular straight top tube you are used to seeing on bicycles, but many e-bikes are made with step-through frames now. These frames accommodate ladies wearing dresses and men or women with back pain. These step-through frames are easily mounted and dismounted.
City electric bikes are made to be more efficient and to ride across miles of cement. They don’t usually come with shocks or a comfortable seat as they are made for the rider to sit lightly on the seat. The handlebars are lower and farther forward to lower the rider's posture and decrease wind resistance.
Our best selling Electric City Bikes:
- E-Joe GADIS 48V 350W Electric City Bike
- E-Go Flash 26" Mag 48V 500W Electric City Bike
- E-Go Bike USA Flyer 26" 36V 500W Electric City Bike
- E-Go Bike USA Lark 26" 48V 500W Electric City Bike
- Emazing Apollo 36V 350W Electric City Bike
- Emazing Artemis 36V 350W Electric City Bike
Electric mountain bikes are built for the adrenaline junkie. They allow you to travel great distances across ups and downs that would normally take you many more hours and lots of energy. It's important that you get a mountain bike that's made of high-quality components to ensure you never deal with a breakdown.
The Electric Mountain Bikes we recommend:
- X-treme Alpine Trails 24V 300W Electric Mountain Bike
- X-treme Baja 36V 350W Electric Folding Mountain Bike
- X-Treme X-Cursion 24V 300W Electric Folding Mountain Bike
- X-Treme Sierra Trails 24V 300W Electric Mountain Bike
- X-Treme Trail Maker 24V 300W Electric Mountain Bike
- X-Treme Trail Climber 24V 300W Electric Mountain Bike
- X-Treme Rubicon 36V 350W Electric Mountain Bike
- X-Treme Sedona 36V 350W Electric Mountain Bike
- X-Treme Summit 48V 350W Mid-Motor Electric Mountain Bike
Folding electric bikes are perfect hybrid bicycles for the urban environment. You can often fold them up small enough to fit into the trunk of a car, a train or bus, your cubicle or apartment closet. They are versatile and fast. They are made to be ridden with a more upright riding posture but don’t come with shocks or a comfortable seat. This is to save weight and space. They usually come with smaller wheels, which makes them a little more maneuverable in tight spaces as well.
Our best electric folding bikes are the:
- e-JOE 2017 EPIK SE 36V Electric Folding Bike Sport Edition
- Enzo 36V 350W Electric Folding Bike
- e-Mazing Innovations BOB 12 Inch Electric Folding Bike
- Green Bike USA GB1 Electric Folding Bike
- Joulvert Stealth 36V Electric Folding Bike
- Green Bike USA GB Smart 36V 350W Electric Folding Bike
Share this post